Mission Aborted

We had to abandon our long planned trans-Sierra today and I am very disappointed. Yet it would have been foolish (if not deadly) to pursue it. Major storms were forecast for the entire week and the avalanche danger rating was extreme. Unfortunately, my companions do not have the flexibility of making the trip at another time this season. Next year!